You're ready to be your own boss.
You've put in the time, followed the rules and climbed the ladder, but now you're ready to work in a way that supports all of you.
Bonuses and six-figure salaries are nice, but no amount of money can give you back the time and moments you've sacrificed.
You're clear that it's time to make a shift into working for yourself, and you're in good company.
In the past decade, the share of women-owned businesses in the United States has increased by 114%, more than 2.5 times the national average.
U.S.-based firms owned by women of color have grown at more than 4x that rate, with African American women leading the trend with a growth rate of 605%.
But women-owned businesses still lag in revenues and receipts, often because they lack strategic support, mentorship and networking opportunities.
People make entrepreneurship look easy, but you're smart enough to know that there's more to it than slick headshots and a fancy website.
Stepping out on your own is serious business and it helps when you have the support of someone who has been there.
Source: The 2017 State of Women-Owned Businesses, commissioned by American Express.
Hi, I'm Titilayo Tinubu Ali, founder of Own Your Expertise.
I've been an entrepreneur and business advisor for the past 15 years alongside my career as a writer, researcher and attorney.
I ventured into entrepreneurship right out of college to launch a communications firm for nonprofits and expanded it into three major media markets (Atlanta, D.C., Charlotte) in the span of two years.
Since then, my consulting clients have included local and national nonprofits, a $2.8 billion community redevelopment project, an internationally-distributed news and political magazine, budding entrepreneurs and political candidates.
I founded Own Your Expertise to give you the practical skills and support I didn't have when I started. When you have these tools of entrepreneurship, you'll be able to chart your own course, exercise greater agency over your time, and recenter your needs and the people who are most important to you.
Before working with Titilayo, I wasn't sure where to start, how to organize, or what was possible in the consulting field. I lacked knowledge of a succinct system to get me to the place of starting and was unclear about the path to consulting.
Over the course of working with Titilayo, I developed a clear vision for how I will start consulting, where this could possibly lead, and I reaffirmed my value in the space I intend to consult in. My first consulting gig is actually in the works, and I feel like a world of opportunities opened up.
—Jenay Sermon, Ph.D., Education Researcher and Innovator
In your private Strategy Intensive, you will:
- Ask all the questions you have about entrepreneurship and get answers from a 15-year vet in a safe and judgment-free space
- Get clear on exactly what you will sell and who you will sell it to
- Create a simple but effective plan for generating clients
- Get a 90-day plan of action along with resources, checklists and templates to implement the launch strategy we co-create
- Have the accountability of an experienced coach to keep you on track towards your goals
When we work together in a Strategy Intensive, you get:
- A pre-call questionnaire to assess your strengths and clarify your goals
- A pre-call agenda to focus our session
- A 90-minute strategy session with me to discuss your two most pressing topics (marketing, pricing, systems, packaging your services)
- A post-call package consisting of a custom report detailing your next steps, video and audio recordings of our session, and resources, checklists and templates for your to use as your implement
- A 30-minute progress call within the next three months to see how your implementation is coming and to address any sticking points
Your investment is $1,500
(payment plans available)
Before my strategy session with Titilayo, I struggled with identifying what skills and services I have to share outside of my 9 to 5.
The strategy session helped me realize that I have so much experience that I can offer to potential clients and that I've got to really learn how to brag on myself. Because of our session, I now see new opportunities at every turn. I know it is only a matter of time before I book clients because I've been equipped with added confidence in myself and my abilities.
Titilayo is a dream to work with. She is warm, knowledgeable and relatable. I appreciated that she prepared for our session by researching my work and offering pointed guidance and suggestions. I highly recommend you work with Titilayo!
—Chantá Parker, Attorney & Creator at Memo to Mattie